Thank you to all the parents who participated in the NDIA Parent Workshop in August. Everyone present contributed so effectively in sharing their experience and providing such strong insights.
Following the workshop, the NDIA have done some more work to emphasise the strong support role of the ECEI partner in supporting parents through the pathway experience.
- NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention Partners will work with families with agreement to provide information about all communication approaches.
- NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention Partners will support families to link with their chosen services as needed, and when they are ready.
- The NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention Partner will be a family’s consistent point of contact to help guide and support them through the NDIS pathway experience.
- The NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention Partner will ensure that they take the time to explain that the NDIS Plan can be started when each family is ready, and is flexible, and can be reviewed.
- The NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention Partner will support a family as needed if they would like to change providers.
Information about the new pathway for children diagnosed with a permanent hearing loss is available in the Fact Sheet - NDIS Pathway: Hearing Stream 0-6 years