Aussie Deaf Kids provides online support and information to parents raising children with a hearing loss. We are looking for a parent of a child with hearing loss to coordinate our online groups and social media. This will be a six month consultant position and require up to one hour daily - monitoring of group posts and creating or uploading social media content to our Facebook and Twitter accounts. This is a remote position requiring access to the Internet.
- Monitor online groups according to ADK policy.
- Devise a strategy to re-invigorate the Yahoo! group
- Curate relevant content for Facebook page and Twitter feed – according to Aussie Deaf Kids mission.
- Develop and expand online community
- Work collaboratively with the CEO.
- Parent of a child with hearing loss who is knowledgeable about the issues and willing to be proactive about learning and updating knowledge.
- Demonstrates experience and understanding of Facebook and Twitter and their effective use for not-for-profit organisations
- Displays compassion with objectivity in communication
- Effective writing skills with excellent spelling and grammar
This is a great position for a parent who is already engaged in Aussie Deaf Kids online groups. It is an opportunity to utilise your skills and experience to support and inform other parents who are on a similar journey.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like more information, please contact Ann Porter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 02 6684 2571